Elderberry Brandy Cordial Recipe
Elderberry Cordials are a fall favorite over at Angels and Sages. Easy to make, immune boosting and a fun little daily shot of sunshine.
We prefer ours with a bit (or more) of Brandy and honey, and take it daily fresh out of the fridge in a beautiful shot glass during the winter months.
+ 4 cups cold water
+ 2 cups organic dried elder berries
+ 1 organic cinnamon stick
+ 1 tsp fresh grated organic ginger root
+ 1 cup raw, local honey (or organic agave syrup for a vegan recipe)
+ 1 cup brandy
The elderberries will stain everything after they have boiled. I use cheesecloth to strain and toss it after each use.
1. Grab a medium sized pan and combine water, elderberries and herbs. Bring to a boil
2. Turn down the heat and simmer for 35 minutes
3. Pull off the heat and mash the berries and herbs in the pot.
4. Strain the mixture. I use an XL large measuring cup. Get all the liquid out that you can.
5. Mixture should still be very warm. If not warm slightly, but do not boil. Add honey and stir for a minute or two.
6. Let cool for about 10 minutes and add Brandy. Stir to mix.
Enjoy!Liquid error: Could not find asset snippets/relatedblogs.liquid
- Tags: RECIPES | TONICS
- dena Bradford